"Don't part with your dreams - when they are gone you may still exist but you will have ceased to live" - Mark Twain

"Do you know that this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you being here to read it!?" - Bobby Gill

Thursday 17 July 2008

Is the sun shining behind the clouds?

The sun is still shining behind the clouds

I was having such a great day with the sun shining and happy people to talk to. I'd called some random friends from facebook, with similar interests, like Tony Robbins, who that lived in London. I wanted to give them a free ticket to Akasha. I had no takers, although the conversations were all energetic, positive and a welcome change to what I was used to. Thanks Andrea S :-)

Then a friend called on the phone and she asked why I was so bubbly on a miserable day!? And was I in the same town as her (I was only 2 miles away)!
That was when it was brought to my attention it had been a rainy day, I looked out the car windscreen and she was right - I'd not realised it had been raining most of the day and it did look 'miserable'.

It was cloudy and the sun was nowhere to be seen. Now before I let my mood change, I reminded her that all I'd seen today was the sun! And all she had to do was focus on the gaps between the clouds, then she could see it too.

Your perspective defines the world that you live in. People can look at the same things, hear a sound or feel something and have a completely different viewpoint. The only person in charge of what you experience in this lifetime is YOU! Are you aware of how you live your life every day, or does someone else decide for you?

The sun will always shine and it is the clouds that are just temporary. If we didn't have winter would we enjoy the summer as much?

-------------------------------------

The meaning of life

Here's a cool story I just came across about a 6 year old girl called Meg.

She put her head in her hands and said to me “I just wish I knew more about what life is all about”…

Just imagine the responsibility I felt at that time. I stood there, with a thousand thoughts whirring around amuck inside my mind. I looked through the window and let providence guide me. As I saw the flowers and plants waving gently in the wind, something came to me that would let us both feel more relieved.

“See that plant outside Megan”, I said. “Yes”, she replied happily. “Well as you watch that plant grow, it would start from just a stem and growing leaves as it gets older. It doesn’t know what flower it will be all at once, but all the information for the plant is in the seed, so the plant will always know what to do, but only one leaf at a time”.

From: NLP training metaphors
-------------------------------------
"A positive attitude is always better, as it shines even when it is raining!" - Bobby

0 comments:

Post a Comment