"Don't part with your dreams - when they are gone you may still exist but you will have ceased to live" - Mark Twain

"Do you know that this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you being here to read it!?" - Bobby Gill

Saturday 5 April 2008

Here and Now! Commitments and good deeds.


It's all about the here and now, this moment is the only thing that matters.

I only ever meet great people now that truly inspire me to be the best that I can because they have the same ethos and outlook on life.

Those that say they are happy and in control of their lives, yet fear talking about the things that really matter in life; they are still where they were last week, last month and last year.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein
To hold onto your issues and say "it's who I am" is just a way to justify it to yourself and not really be in control of your life. This prevents you from being able to do what you REALLY want and what is best for you. Next time listen for that voice that is giving you an excuse to not do something, in case you might fail. There is no such thing as failure, just feedback and learnings.

To let go is just to make a decision to do so. The only time you can do this is when you are ready and genuinely want to move on.


Imagine the difference that you could make to your life and others:



I watched The Peaceful Warrior and sometimes things make more sense depending on where you are in your life when you come across them. Such as Life has just three rules and you already know them.
- Paradox... Life is a mystery. Don't waste time trying to figure it out.
- Humour... Keep a sense of humour, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure.
- Change... Know that nothing stays the same.


I made some commitments last week and I have been keeping up with them. Like using my mental alarm clock and getting out of bed by 9am every day. Today was difficult as it was a cold morning of the type I don't like - yet I still did it as I do whatever it takes to keep my word. I make the bed and get on with my day, instead of lying there and sleeping in, so that I wouldn't have to deal with anything. I also ring my ISA buddy Elle everyday as promised and will until she changes her number ;-)
I've also been in touch with all of the great people I know this week, as I've been so happy. Orange will be happy adding the talk time to my phone bill, so be it :-)


Last night whilst we were out, I met Adele, a friend of a friend - and on the way back to the car we found a handbag on the pavement, keys, cards, driving licence 'Lauren Faye M' and no cash! It was 2am and we decided to return it to the address where the person lived. Her parents must have been sound asleep when we knocked, so we left it on the doorstep. Hopefully she got home, saw it and got in without waking everyone up. We were going to leave our details, though why did we need to!? The idea of doing someone a good deed is for giving and not expecting in return, otherwise it is just a trade. After all, what goes around comes around if you believe in karma.
And you always do the right thing as well because you know that, don't you...


It's all just a bunch of matter. Check out this funky new song.

0 comments:

Post a Comment