"Don't part with your dreams - when they are gone you may still exist but you will have ceased to live" - Mark Twain

"Do you know that this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you being here to read it!?" - Bobby Gill

Monday 26 May 2008

Wealth Mastery - London, 22nd to 25th May 2008

Wealth Mastery: Team 2 We LOVE You!

Fiona M. had been helping me out all week to sort out my paperwork, which had been getting in the way of running my business efficiently. I was really grateful that she'd offered her services after we met at Roger Hamilton's Your Life, Your Legacy and came all the way to Huddersfield to help me out.
We ploughed through the mess and now I just need to stay on top of it. We also spent a couple of days at property events and drove back to London on Wednesday 21st May 08. The only real property discussion we had was on the drive down. Hopefully she had gotten value out of spending a few days with me too.

The next four days were going to be Wealth Mastery and learning mind set and strategies for successful investing. I got to the IBIS Hotel where the event was held and then dropped my car off at Hagop T's in Hammersmith to cut back on car parking expenses. Thanks mate.

Met loads of the UPW crew from February 2008 and it was great being back. Shared with Harriett J. from crew who is insisting I do Date With Destiny later this year, we'll see :-) Suzanne J. and Lizzie B. were also participating. John L was there from Manchester and I even met some facebook buddies and made lots of new friends. Team 2 We LOVE You!

The main presenter was Joe Williams and we also had Chuck Mellon discuss channeling stocks and options investing and had Keith Cunningham explain about buying businesses. The main presenters were great. We also played a few games which showed our attitude towards money and psychology when it comes to investing.

Someone had told me that I didn't need to read my notes as suggested by Chuck and that no-one else would either. Hmm... listen to the rest of the population or a multi-millionaire, I wonder which would make me smarter and wealthier!?

Our definition of financial freedom was also challenged, after all we are within the top 1/10 of the top 1% of the world's population that can afford to eat, have clean water and a roof over our head!!

On the Saturday I gave Lizzie a lift back to Greenwich as I was optioned out. The excuses we make not to do our homework. It was still time well spent and things always work out as they're meant to.

We had covered strategies on running successful businesses and effectively reducing debt and paying off all our credit cards, loans and mortgages off so much sooner. All this was just learning, the action of going and doing it will be where the results are. There will be many people that leave and go to their 'real' lives and back to normal. The few that make the shift and the improvement will be the leaders of the future. It IS about small incremental steps and not expecting things to change overnight.
"We tend to overestimate what we can do in a year and grossly underestimate what we can accomplish in a decade!" - Tony Robbins

On the sunday night I partied with friends who had come to see me from round London, joined by Harriett, Lizzie, Fiona, Hagop T, Jane T, Deepak V and co. We then went to 222 North End Road again to the BEST vegetarian restaurant I've ever been to!
It was after 1.20am by the time I'd driven Jane back to Romford and it was time to hit the road again like The Littlest Hobo. I stopped for an hour's kip at a service station and was home by 5.30am.


I had expected one thing from Wealth Mastery and got something completely different. I had gotten what I needed. It never really is about the money though, is it...?

We are all wealthy and I believe as soon as we can acknowledge that and be happy - the money will flow.
“Wealth is not how much money you have. It’s what you’re left with when you lose all your money.” - Roger Hamilton

Catching up on work I realised that maybe I need to scale back on what I'm doing but I'll leave that to another day and another story....

0 comments:

Post a Comment