"Don't part with your dreams - when they are gone you may still exist but you will have ceased to live" - Mark Twain

"Do you know that this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you being here to read it!?" - Bobby Gill

Friday 19 March 2010

Come along to the One Day Coaching Skills Training in LEEDS

Here's a great event in Leeds that you MUST check out next week!

The Youth Coaching Academy’s
One Day Coaching Skills Training with Harry Singha
Leeds, March 26th 2010


Who is it for? 

Teachers, Parents, Youth Workers and Young People who wish to support young people to achieve their goals and dreams.
This is also a great event for you to come and learn some fantastic communication skills and meet some top coaches.


Cost?

All young people and school staff from local schools may attend absolutely FREE!
This has been made possible by a local team of parents, teachers, coaches and entrepreneurs. 
Other attendees and adults will pay only £10!


Here’s what delegates will get from this programme?

* Increased confidence in their ability to achieve their goals
* Look at problems/challenges differently
* Confidence in their communication with others
* Clearer about what they want
* Inspired to achieve more and support others to do so
* A greater sense of contribution to their school/community 
* Oh and of course learn the same skills that accredited life coaches are taught!

Harry Singha and his team have been delivering this programme to schools and communities around the world since 2002 and at every event they receive the most amazing letters and testimonials.


What to do next…

1. Register your details at:
http://www.youthcoachingacademy.com/leeds2010.html
2. Forward to any teachers & friends that work with young people
3. If you are a teacher, please choose 2/3 staff and a selected group of pupils to come along for this one off opportunity. Then confirm their names and ages by contacting me.

!!! Special Prize for One Local School !!!

Every School that is represented on the day may then apply to be chosen to have Harry come to their school and then deliver the same one day programme to their entire school for FREE!

So in the end it will be your own representatives [staff and pupils] that will let you know whether it is worth it or not!

I look forward to hearing from you very soon as places are limited.

See you on the day,

Bobby Gill



Below is the amazing letter Harry received recently from his last event in Romania, which encapsulates brilliantly what can be achieved in just one day with this programme. It’s why we want to offer this magical opportunity to as many schools as possible.

Testimonial:
Dear Mr. Singha,


There are SO MANY THINGS I want to say to you, that I just can’t figure out a proper introduction. So, please forgive me for not respecting the norms of a proper letter. Of course, this is an electronic mail, so, basically, I could just delete or rephrase any sentence I write here to make myself sound as smart and well-educated as I possibly can, but I am not going to do that! My heart speaks while my mind is dictating to my fingers that what they should type, and I would LOVE it if you would grant me about just 5 minutes to read this.


First of all, I would like to introduce myself: Hi! My name is Văştea Lucreţia-Maria, I’m 17 years old and I participated at today’s “Youth Coaching Skills Course” in Şaguna. Now, you may think I am exaggerating but I assure you that what you are about to read is 100% pure truth. This letter is about how I feel TODAY compared to how I felt yesterday. And you know why? Because today, for the second time in my life, though more intense than the first time, I really feel WONDERFUL!


Dear Mr. Singha.. Harry.. I have waited all my life for somebody to tell me that my goal isn’t unreacheable for me! You see.. I have big plans! Huuuuge plans! -and I have had them ever since I was in diapers. Issue is… they always felt so unreacheable for a normal, dull, small-town girl such as myself. I don’t have a life story.. actually, I do because everybody does, but my life hasn’t been so spectacular so far. My personality is of the introverted type. My insecurity is my biggest problem but I have such big dreams and aiming for such high goals that I always think that they’re impossible to reach. Never felt charismatic enough, never felt good enough, never felt capable of handling the bumpy road to success… NEVER… until today.


Mr. Singha, I don’t know if you’ve seen it or not but you made me cry today. I never felt so confident of myself and I never thought I could actually meet somebody who will tell me absolutely everything I want to hear about my future. It was as if YOU opened tens or hundreds of doors for me! Suddenly, my goal doesn’t seem so impossible anymore. I forgot to breathe as I heard you say that “ the difficult things take time and the impossible ones take just a little longer”, and it made me feel more connected to my dreams than ever! You reminded me of what makes me tick. What makes me special. What makes me shine. What makes me ME! and I just can’t find the right words to thank you properly. I clapped my hands till they hurt but I somehow didn’t feel the need to stop… I felt the tears running down my cheeks and I didn’t feel the need to wipe them off, I smiled through THE WHOLE 8 HOUR COURSE and I wasn’t even aware of the fact that I was doing it until my partner asked me what’s with the dumb look on my face. I know I shouldn’t write to you about this stuff but I want to make it sound as real and honest as possible:


THANK YOU FROM THE VERY BOTTOM OF MY HEART!


But, Sir, I’m going to be honest with you from the start: Many kids told you today that they want to become life coaches. I’m not going to say the same. I do not want to become a professional life coach, BUT! – I will love myself for the rest of my life for coming to your course today. Believe it or not, YOU are the FIRST PERSON in my life that actually made me believe! Yes! I believe! I finally believe in myself! I believe that my goals are achievable and I would love to believe that I will have the opportunity to hear you speak again!!! So can’t wait for the next meeting! Trust me! I am going to be there even if you would ask me “what is your life’s goal?” and I won’t answer “life-coaching”.


May I tell you a short story?! It’s not my life’s story, it’s the story of “what happened an hour ago”.. you see, an hour, after I came home from your course, my mother saw that something isn’t right with my facial expression from the minute she saw me walking through the front door. That’s when she did something she does very rarely: she came to my room and literally asked me to tell her about my day and why I was so happy. I started telling her about everything! I told her about the course, I told her about the notes I took, told her about what I learnt and I most definitely told her about YOU! And still she wasn’t satisfied. She told me that she had never seen me so excited before and that it’s a big surprise for her to see that the melancholy which was my ‘state of being’ was not being present within me. Therefore she asked me again ‘what happened’. That’s when I looked at her and said “Mother… I finally know what I want. That’s what happened. I know where I’m heading. I never saw this coming, I never thought I will ever find the moral strength to tell myself that I am good enough to do it or that I am worthy of success and I’ve finally overcome that fear of mine! I believe that I can be the very very best I can be!!” You may not believe me but I started crying once I told her this vision of mine… : me, in a place filled with the world’s biggest artists, dressed in a long, fancy gown, listening to the Oscar-nominees for “Best script”. Then I hear “and the winner is….” and can’t actually understand anything until I hear a storm of applause around me, and the person next to me saying “What are you waiting for?! Get up there! Congratulations!”. And that’s when I stand up, get on the stage, receive the statue and face the public.. As I told my mother that, she gave me the biggest hug ever and told me “you know what?! You can do it! I know you can! I see it in you right now and this, your dream, is something that nobody will ever be able to take away from you.” I couldn’t believe my ears. My mother telling me that she is supporting me, not telling me that I’ve officially gone mad. I convinced her that that is exactly what I want! I WANT to be THE VERY BEST THAT I CAN BE and what I want is- to become a scriptwriter. But not just any script writer. I want my scripts to be the ones for the most successful movies, filled with a maximum amount of emotion. I have so many ideas day by day, I could make up a story right this instant and I promise you that you will like it and if I won’t finish telling you about it, you WILL ask me “and?! what happens next?!” And you know why I think that?! Because, now, I believe I am good enough!! Now I do believe I feel WONDERFUL! (My 19 year old sister called 10 minuteas ago and she asked me how I was and I said “GREAT! I feel GREAT!”) You made it happen! Thank you for that!!!


Well, sir, I think I wrote down pretty much the main things I wanted to say to you. Today you’ve received the love and respect from a young Romanian lady thanks to that course. I am sure that you’ve received the love and respect from many other students who were present, but I only speak on behalf of myself. Thank you! I just can’t thank you enough! Thank you so so much! I literally can’t wait for the next course!


And even though it will take a lot of courage, I will come to you and thank you in person because I have the feeling that this e-mail is a bad joke, compares to me saying “Thank you!”, while looking into your eyes. That’s an important part of communicating through body language, isn’t it?


Oh well… seems like I’ll have to end it here.. that’s all I wanted to say. I wish you the best of luck and a wonderful life because you really deserve it! The world needs people like you! Keep doing what you are doing because you’re doing it like no other!


Yours truly,


Lucretia”