"Don't part with your dreams - when they are gone you may still exist but you will have ceased to live" - Mark Twain

"Do you know that this blog wouldn't exist if it wasn't for you being here to read it!?" - Bobby Gill

Thursday 6 November 2008

On my way to the USA

Watched Swing Vote with Kevin Costner on the flight, about a father and a daughter and how every single person is important, even you! How a decision you make can change the future of everyone around you. (P.S. Congratulations to the Americans for getting a new president this week - things can only improve!)

Better still was The Son of Rambow, a brilliant film for anyone that ever has had a dream. Be it big or small, believe in it and everyone else will want to be a part of it too. Also, remember the people in your life that are important to you. This is well worth watching should you need reminding what it was like to be a kid.

It took over an hour to get through immigration in Florida, boy do the americans take their shit seriously, metaphorically speaking and not in the rubber glove inspection sense. My suitcase finally turned up, zip broken and clothes hanging out. It had been taped up and credit to American Airlines, nothing had been stolen! They replaced the bag with a new case and I got a shuttle bus to the Clay Hotel, only to be told my credit card had been declined and had to pay for my room again. Oh well, at least it can only get better from here!

I don't even know why I was going on a cruise, I don't like deep water and sea food disagrees with me. I prefer to eat my food as opposed to the food eat (through) me! Not to worry, I was sure they'd have steak, chips, ice cream and other delights on the ship. The deep water? Hmmm... well at least I won't be alone out there in the big blue...

Whilst some friends were over in Orlando, I was in Miami chilled out with the ocean on my doorstep, every morning. This is the life!

Chris, Michelle and Nicky turned up the following day and Nicky's friend drove us to Fort Lauderdale. Ready for the cruise of a lifetime with Bob Proctor and co.

P.S. Thanks for the pic Chris, bet you never thought I'd use it!

1 comment:

  1. Bobby my top banana buddy! You are too funny :) You should definitely be writing and getting paid for your humour :) its hillarious :)
    Keep on keeping on Bobby, your the best xxxx mwah xxxx - ps you need to move to London .. NOW! :)
    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete